Monday, December 7, 2009

Floowboards and Glove Box

I had to fit and remove the glovebox 4 times in order to get the hint that you can't have the rubber seal its sides AND the chrome edge trim installed at once.  I did some surgery on the glovebox rubber seal and removed the side portions, and installed the box for the final time.

I also added the floorboards and rubber insert.  For the plastic endcaps I decided not to use blind rivets, and drilled holes in them.  I needed to do some countersinking, but the sivler on black look just really looks neat.


I also used acorn nuts for the forward looking screws.  It really looks WAY better than a squashed rivet end loking you in the face.


Finally, here is everything so far (I also put together but did not mount the front fork, which is not so exciting to look at...).



No comments:

Post a Comment